Motor cortex controls motion and movement
Prefrontal cortex responsible for logical, rational thought and reasoning, impulse control
How to sleep your way to a problem solved
- Directly before you go to bed, think of the problem.
- Write it down.
- If possible, have an item or collection of items that you connect with the problem. If you’re having financial troubles, some bills or coins. For a personality conflict, a photo of the person you’d like to get on better with.
- Keep a pen and paper beside your bed too.
- When you wake up, write down what you can remember of your dream immediately.
- Keep up this practice for 2 weeks, and see how many problems you can solve!
- One study found that within just one week, half the participants dreamed of their chosen problem and a quarter dreamed of a solution.